Concerto AL Piano will operate in an urban area embracing the most urgent problems faced by the City of Alessandria, built in the last century. This area, placed along the railway sorting depot, creates a large “urban vacuum” between two residential areas with a high density to east and the west.
The area belongs to the XX century urban development, with a relevant portion of social housing, some of them in very critical maintenance condition:
- 1930s building stock for Maggioli rd.
- 1950s stock of the “Refugees Village” (from north-east Italy)
- 1960/70/80s stock of Gandolfi and Bensi rd.
- 1990/2000s building stock of Nenni rd.
- Lastly the just completed “Photovoltaic Village”
The area is supposed to take a central role in the City cultural and educational policy, hosting, after the and young couples residences and services for the district
Energy and Eco-building concepts
Concerto AL Piano goal: 34% reduction in fossil fuel consumption compared with 2006 Italian National Building Standards using RUE measures.
Integration of renewable energies – solar thermal and photovoltaic at the urban village scale
Poly-generation using biomass, zeroing fossil fuel consumption in the Concerto AL Piano urban villages
Local Project team to promote information campaign, energy conservation schemes and retrofitting campaigns
Setup of municipal energy management and retrofit programme
Energy efficiency in buildings (RUE):
• Retrofit of 299 residential dwellings and one school, up to 30% below current standard for energy consumption.
• Energy conservation scheme for 3000 residential apartments and other public buildings with announcements in local newspapers and a letter campaign addressed to the inhabitants
• up to 20% of the energy audited buildings (48,000 m2 of equivalent dwellings) with highest energy demand will be audited by the AL Piano Agency for implementing the building energy retrofitting
• 104 new dwellings will implement eco-measures to improve by the 45% the 2006 Italian new code for heating demand . In addition these buildings will make use of renewable energies to get a 100% free fossil fuel
Integration of Renewable Energies
Installation of 385 m˛ of solar thermal collectors in the Health Centre, for providing pre-heated ventilation to indoor environment.
200 m2 of water solar collectors, integrated in the residential village for sanitary hot water needs.
Installation of 50 kWp of photovoltaic systems for 103 private
Other 70 kWp of photovoltaic will be installed on 50 elderly households, on the Sport and Health Centre and in the kindergarden
Trigeneration: installation of a district heating system, using biomass and producing both heat and electricity